Sunday 10 November 2013

Final Critical Reflection

It is nearing the end of the semester. Our last lesson was on Monday, and we did a wrap up on all the activities we did for the past ten weeks.

Looking back, I realized that my writing, grammar and organization style have improved throughout this course. Firstly, we had to create a blog and post most of our work throughout this course on it. Afterwards, we were given an opportunity to review the posts of our fellow group mates and give comments on how they could improve. Through these exercises, I was able to receive valuable feedback and improve on my writing.

Occasionally, Brad would sieve out the common mistakes that students made. These mistakes range from grammar errors, how to capitalize correctly, to paraphrasing etc. Most of the time, I am guilty of the mistakes made and I am glad to have found out about it during this course.

Even though this course is nearing to an end, my English learning journey does not end here. To further improve on my writing, I plan to pick up the habit of reading newspapers to update myself with the latest happenings around the world.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Chelsea!

    Thank you for uploading your post early :) I can totally relate to you as I read through your post. Time flies and we are nearing to the end of the semester. I agree with you that after attending ES1102, I can see improvements in my writing skills too. And yes, our English learning journey does not end here. It is good that you plan to pick up the habit of reading newspapers frequently :)

    Anyway, I wish you all the best in your studies! It's nice knowing you :) See you around in school!


    Regards,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Chelsea, for this brief reflection of how the course assisted your learning. I'm glad that you found it useful. I appreciated having you in class since you were hard working, inquisitive and generous with smiles!

    Best of luck in your future learning journey!

    ReplyDelete